Unique Treatment for Women
Brentwood Hospital’s Women’s Program, for women age 18 and older, offers specialized inpatient treatment that addresses emotional problems like mood disorders, psychotic disorders, and anxiety disorders in a secure, stable space designed for the unique needs and experiences of women. The program provides a multi-disciplinary approach administered under the direction of an attending psychiatrist.
Women admitted to this program may have experienced:
- Severe trauma including physical abuse, sexual abuse, domestic violence, or severe occupational stress.
- Reproductive issues including postpartum depression, menopausal depression, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, anxiety issues, or pregnancy stress issues.
- Relationship and/or life transition issues including marital conflict, divorce, caretaker issues, parenting stress, dual-role stress, loss, unresolved grief or anger management issues.
- Medical issues including cancer, eating disorders or other serious health problems.
Individualized treatment plans can include:
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Physical examination
- All female staff members
- Group and individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Health and nutrition education
- Aerobics, yoga, tai chi, and relaxation training
- Medication management
- Individualized discharge and aftercare planning