Brentwood Hospital’s Military STAR Program is designed with the understanding that everyday military men and women are challenged with deployments, general service demands, trauma and compromised psychological wellness. The Military STAR Program staff is primarily comprised of military veterans who understand the unique needs and challenges of our military patients. Our Military STAR Program treats military members with acute mental disorders, substance abuse and comprehensive/complex trauma, including PTSD.
Program services and features include:
- Rapid response times for admissions, through a dedicated military admissions phone line
- Real-time communication with commanders and military health care professionals
- Collaborative interdisciplinary treatment team
- Department of Defense approved, evidence-based curriculum, including best practices from the National Center for PTSD
- Substance and alcohol abuse treatment, including 12 Step and Smart Recovery programming, on-site AA and NA groups, relapse risk prevention and education
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Dedicated military groups
- Integrated physical training, featuring a certified physical trainer, certified yoga instructor, and an activity therapist
- Adherence to military medication formulary
- Flexible visiting hours for chain of command and chaplain
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Outpatient psychiatric services
To streamline the process, all referring providers, command, installations and other individuals may contact the Military STAR Program dedicated phone line, available 24/7, at 318-453-3357.
Brentwood Hospital is a service center for Patriot Support Programs, which provide treatment for active duty military, veterans, and their families. To learn more about Patriot Support Programs, watch the special message below from Heisman Trophy winner and mental health advocate, Herschel Walker.